In efforts to maintain the integrity and standard of excellence for which Pure Tennis Academy is renowned, we must dutifully enforce all rules and regulations consistently, without bias or exemption.
What happens if it rains?
- School Coaching always goes ahead, check with your school tennis coach at the start of the term to find out where the wet weather venue is located at your school.
- For all other coaching, we make decisions regarding the cancellation of lessons half an hour prior to the commencement time of the lesson. Please contact the Proshop (ph 3851 0444) after this time to find out if your class has been cancelled or check our Facebook page for up-to-date information.
- We do have wet weather make up lessons. All students will receive confirmation of the make up lesson at their next lesson and must advise the Proshop if they will be attending. (We cannot guarantee an alternate lesson can be offered should you miss the scheduled make up lesson)
Do you offer make-up lessons?
- As the majority of our classes are full and the quality of our lessons suffers when the pupil: coach ratio increases, we can not offer make-up lessons in the event of illness, school camps, or other activities which may prevent you from attending your class. However should there be a space in a suitable class it will be offered as a make up lesson on a first in best dressed basis.
When do I book for each new term, and can I stay in the same lesson?
- Pupils will be automatically re-enrolled in the same program at the commencement of each new term unless otherwise advised by the parent.
What is your refund policy?
- There are no refunds for up front term payments. If you cancel your lesson for any reason, a minimum of 5 weeks notice must be given in writing to the Centre Supervisor, to authorize cancellation of your direct debit payments.
How do I know if my child is ready for fixtures?
- Towards the end of each semester, our coaches conduct a fixtures test during their lessons to identify children who are ready to play fixtures. If you would like to start fixtures mid-term, please ask your coach to organise a grading.
Student Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy
Purpose: Pure Tennis is committed to the highest level of competitive and academic excellence. Pure Tennis believes that the use of illegal drugs or alcohol is inconsistent with this purpose. Pure Tennis believes the use of illegal drugs or alcohol has a detrimental impact on student behavior, interferes with academic and athletic performance and may cause permanent physical and mental harm to the user. The use of illegal drugs or alcohol impairs judgment, slows reaction time and reflexes, and decreases the ability to adequately perceive pain. Additionally, the use of illegal drugs or alcohol by students increases the risk of injury to their teammates, their athletic opponents and others with whom they participate in athletic or other events and activities.
Each student receives a Pure Tennis Academy Student & Parent Handbook upon enrollment in a full-time program. The rules and regulations outlined in the handbook are intended to ensure the highest level of respectful and helpful behavior. The rules are not difficult to follow nor overbearing in their intent. They are designed to uphold the level of integrity for which the Pure Tennis Academy is known. The terms set forth maintain a level of conduct which supports mutual respect between students and staff, while allowing all Pure Tennis students to exercise their full range of positive personal strengths and talents.