Tennis Fixtures Team Manager
Pure Tennis Ferny Hills is one of Brisbane’s most popular tennis centres. The club has a strong Hotshots Tennis Program, many fixture options for both adult & juniors, solid squad players and a variety of social play options offering a pathway for children from as young as 3yrs of age to adult.
The Tennis Fixtures Team Manager will be responsible for managing, organising, registering & grading our adult & junior interclub fixture teams. The club currently has teams registered in Adult Super League on Tues & Wed evenings and Junior Teams in the North Brisbane Cup & Saturday Super League competitions.
The TFTM will;
– fill the courts with fixture teams.
– register all our teams with Tennis Brisbane and attend grading sessions each season,
– liase with Tennis Brisbane regularly,
– accurately reflect the court bookings for fixture teams on the clubs booking software & yield manage the bookings with the coaching administrator.
– supervise weekly home matches, check & submit scores,
– make decisions based on weather and player safety,
– implement the rules of Pure Tennis Ferny Hills & Tennis Brisbane,
– establish and manage an extensive fill in list
– attract new players into teams and give advice on grading,
– retain existing players
– organise the grading’s, draws, registrations & scores of the North Brisbane Junior Cup
Strong Tennis Knowledge – Experience or good understanding of the Tennis Brisbane’s Super League competition is preferable
Exceptional Communicator – great phone manner, face to face, email, social media, newsletters etc
Organisational Skills – uses proven techniques and methods to remain highly organised at all times.
Self Motivated – Self driven to reach targets and achieve results
Good Administrator – Competent using excel, word, outlook, POS software programs, receiving & recording payments etc
Problem Solver – Ability to set short term goals to provide long term solutions.
Natural Leader – Ability to manage people both juniors and adults and gain their respect and confidence.
Barista Skills – Experience making coffees on a commercial machine is desirable but not necessary
Current Blue Card (or commitment to getting one promptly if selected)
Current First Aid Certificate (or commitment to getting one promptly if selected)
Current Qualifications (sports management degree or similar is desirable but not necessary)
THE FINER DETAILS:
The position will commence ASAP with approx. 20hrs per week. The successful applicant will be required to work evenings and on Saturdays. An example of a typical term roster would be Mon – Wed 5:30 – 8:30pm, Fri 2 – 6pm & Sat 11 – 6pm. An incentive package and additional rostered hours may be negotiated when you have proven results & fulfilled the position brief. The casual pay rate offered is dependant on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
The pay rate could range from $20/hrs (for someone requiring substantial training in the role) up to $30/hr (for someone with the skills and experience to walk straight into the position with only limited training required).
If you believe you are the right person for this position please send your current resume and a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience meet our selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the position you can contact Brunella on 0433 175 006.